Finally! Lou and I tried Panciteria Lido - a chinese restaurant I've been eyeing since we moved to our place coz -- apart from the interesting name "Lido" (which is like the male version of "Leda". hahaha!) -- it's conveniently located 4 blocks away from our home AND the way it says "Pugon Roasted Asado", is really inviting!
I've been pestering Lou with my plead to try it (and he's not so enticed). haha! ...until we were on our way home from the tile shopping at Wilcon Pasong Tamo - Lido was along the way, it was already dinner time and I was lazy to cook. I had the perfect excuses to finally try it. haha! We ordered that Pugon Roasted Asado, just to kill my curiosity once and for all:
IT'S SO GOOD! ..and I'm not saying this just because I don't want to fail the hype I built. haha! seriously! I love its smoked flavor, which apparently comes from the pugon they used for roasting! Lou and I are wondering up till now why Lido does not ring a bell to our friends who love Chinese food. GUYS. I swear! You must try their asado, it's the best I've tasted thus far! And the price isn't so bad - P270 for 1/4 kilo asado (photo above) - it was more than enough for our date, we were even able to bring home some leftovers for our breakfast the next day!
We also loved their fried tofu in vinegar, siomai, and rich hot chocolate! Next time we crave for chinese food, Lou and I can probably ditch Binondo. This is just about the same, minus the traffic and parking problems! haha!
One thing I also loved is their service! After gulping N cups of their free bottomless house tea, our waiter (who seemed to notice that we were first timers) approached us to ask how the asado was. Truthfully we said it was good! Then, before we left, he gave us a voucher - free "manchurian wings" on our next visit!!! So, we'll definitely go back! Hopefully on our next visit, we could also try their lechon macau (another specialty), and sizzling asado (their roasted asado in a different variety). Aaaah, I can't wait!
Panciteria Lido
Pasong Tamo Ground Level, Marvin Plaza
Don Chino Roces Ave. (formerly Pasong Tamo) corner V.A. Rufino St.

uy may lechon macau sila?inform mo ako pag masarap ha? yun yung namimiss ko sa bacolod eh hehe yung sa bob's. baka okay din sa kanila :)
ReplyDeletesure! ...or we can try it together with the girls! :)
Delete