----
July last year - I managed to schedule a 2nd visit to Divisoria ...with Lou this time (na-trauma sa pagbubuhat eh. hahaha!). That was halfway through our wedding preps, so by that time, we've already brainstormed all possible details that will make our wedding purely Filipiniana. And so, our agenda in Divisoria was: to get Filipiniana Things. And the specific destination? No other than Tabora street.
Tabora street is filled with shops selling all sorts of stuff made of materials produced in the country - Abaca, Rafia, Ratan, etc. And when I say "all sorts" -- that meant BOTH raw materials and finished products. So, whether you're planning DIY things or not, Tabora's still the place to be! Here's what we got:
ABACA MATS for our invitations' envelopes (P60 per 5 yards):
BANIG BOXES for the ring bearer and coin bearer pillows (P10 each):
Just in case you're wondering - the pillows were made from multiple layers of foam sheets, which I got from National Bookstore. I wrapped them in cloth-like blue and green gift wrappers, then wrapped them again in abaca mats (excess of what we used for the invitations). As for the sunka shells, I got them from SM Kultura for P100 per pack -- They're my fave filipiniana accents. :)
| TIP #8: Explore Alleys. Tabora street may be enough for your Filipiniana needs, but you might want to explore the indoor shops which you can access through the narrow alleys/hallways also along Tabora street. There are tons of shops selling ribbons, buttons, more fabric, ready made bridal gowns, etc. They're really helpful whether you're planning a wedding, or just into daily DIY things! |
BANIG BASKETS for our flower girls (P25 each):
FILIPINIANA PLACE MATS for our Sponsors' souvenirs: (Since these were souvenirs for our dear sponsors, I'm not really comfy to disclose the price here. But you can leave your email in the comments section, and I'd gladly share the price of this! haha!)
My sister wrapped some pastillas, macapuno balls and pili tarts with these placemats, and tied them using the excess abaca strips (from the excess of the abaca mats!). It added elegance to our sponsors/head tables!
| TIP #9: Divisoria FIRST. Visit Divisoria first before any another Filipiniana store. I've seen this VERY SAME placemat in Rustans, and the price is bloated by 5 times!!! (grabe!) |
Blue and Green SINAMAY POUCHES for the loot bags/giveaways (P6 each)
My niece and nephews filled each with Pinoy sweet goodies - pastillas, macapuno, chocnuts, etc, and a souvenir tag with a photo of us, playing with cupcakes. Then hours before the wedding -- when our caterer was all finished with their setup -- my aunt placed these pouches (blue and green, alternately), on all 22 tables. They made our guest tables more Filipiniana!
| TIP #10: Haggle when you're buying in bulk. Most of these items have "special prices" when you're buying in bulk. Like these sinamay pouches - they're originally P8, but since we were buying at least a hundred (we got 250 pcs!!!), they gave us a lower rate of P6 each. That meant a lot of savings!!! |
My favorite: RAFIA FANS for our bridesmaids (P15 each)
Those blue and green accents weren't there originally. They're wooden flowers, which I also got in Tabora street, for P2 each. The crystals were from Carolina's (Glorietta branch) -- I forgot the price, but I'm sure my P100 that time was more than enough for all 7 rafia fans (plus my shoes, which I also decorated myself). Thank you, glue gun. hehe!

Lastly, SALAKOT for our photoshoot props (P40 each)
That's it! See, if you're planning a Filipiniana Wedding (or even just a Filipiniana-themed room interior), this street will really make you crazy! So, are you planning one? I hope this post helped! And do you have more filipiniana ideas? (or more divi tips?) ...feel free to share them on the comments section below!




Loooove the details of your wedding, Leds :)
ReplyDeleteThank youuuu Mela! And thanks too for brainstorming with me! I had to go through our email threads for the photos n prices, dun ko lang narealize how much we've talked abt these details almost the entire 2012! Haha!
Deleteem_blanco@yahoo.com, how much is the placemat? very nice concept! thanks in advance
DeleteEmail sent, emmylou :)
DeleteSame question as Emmylou! It looks so nice! summershore@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteEmail sent, carla :)
DeleteHello Leda,
ReplyDeleteI like how everything have been put in place, elegance is the word. Can you share some tips, appreciate it so much, God bless, felixpaviles@hotmail.com
Hi,you're a wonder woman! Just thinking if i could find striped organza fabric in divisoria?
ReplyDeleteHmm.. I can't remember if I saw striped organza there, sorry :( but it's worth trying! Happy shopping! :)
Deletehi can you please send me photos of your shoes... i am also into filipiniana theme, my wedding will be on july... i am looking for shoes that would reflect soooo filipiniana... can you help me... my email add is lime_eval@yahoo.com... thank you so much!
ReplyDelete
DeleteIt might disappoint you that I didn't exactly wear filipiniana shoes for my wedding. I wore blue peep-toe flats, with DIY cyrstals. I went for something I'm comfortable with :) it was also the 'something blue' part of the wedding. but anyway, here's the photo:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r_Ei9Y-PLMI/UTnpHCF-KQI/AAAAAAAABrc/zBDkYS03L4s/s1600/_MG_6087.JPG
It's Beautiful.. I love every details of your wedding... i wanted a wedding like that too!! love it!!! ^_^
ReplyDeleteHi! Love the placemats! :) Where did you get them and for how much? Can you email me at supestano@yahoo.com? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHello! I love the idea of placemats as a wedding souvenir. Where did you buy this and how much is it? My email add is maywinkle_cameyz@yahoo.com. Thank you so much! God bless
ReplyDeleteHi Ma. Anagee! yes, our wedding invites were in tagalog, u can check out the 2nd photo above, or for the enlarged version, go to this link:
ReplyDeletehttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iQaK6uzZJ4Y/UTnpDkcy-6I/AAAAAAAABq8/IkBEIkhiWPM/s1024/_MG_6067.JPG :)
for our wedding favors, we used sinamay pouches filled with pinoy sweet goodies, and for the sponsors, we gave pinya cloth placemats. photos of these are above ;) happy preps to u dear!
Beautiful :) Can you send my your wedding checklist po sa Filipiniana theme wedding. If okay lang. Anyway. Thanks sa pagbgay sa akin ng updated contactr number ni Steve Dorotan :) here is my emal ad lea_naing22@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot! :)
thanks for the reply ms. leda..ask ko sana pano nyo ginawa yung abaca mat as wedding invitation envelope..thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Ma. Anagee! I just cut the abaca mat based sa size ng invitation card. It's just a tri-fold like this one: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3d/10/00/3d1000b264d5d04dcd0c8f690580ee9f.jpg
ReplyDeleteI just left an excess sa borders so I can seal it with a gold paper fastener (you can get this from national bookstore!): http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516wNKbJJxL._SL1158_.jpg