Friday, January 24, 2014

Dong Won Garden

My constant craving for japanese food is currently paused by Dong Won Garden, an authentic Korean restaurant located just along Jupiter St., Makati (Again, it's near our home and we had no idea!). And I thank blame lou's colleagues for that - some few weeks ago they invited us to an impromptu pigout here at 2am, and that was it, I was hooked!!!

Freebiiiies! Unli assorted appetizers which you can wrap in lettuce,
and seafood soup - still boiling when served (soup is free only when you buy 2 bbq dishes)

What I really really really love in Dong Won is its FREE and unlimited assorted appetizers, served in those small plates. They vary everyday I guess, but they will never fail to serve pickled vegetables in at least 3 of the maaany plates. My personal favorite is kimchi, and spicy tofu. :) The fun part is when you wrap them in fresh lettuce! Yes, even the lettuce is free and bottomless!

The next thing I love is the FREE seafood and tofu soup served when you order at least 2 bbq dishes - It's good for four, yummy-spicy, packed with sahog, and BOILING-hot when served. Aaaaah perfect for this cold weather! (Apparently, I love freebies! well, who doesn't?! haha!)

chicken bbq for me, pork bbq for Lou!

Warning: This may not be a good option if you don't like spicy food! However, I consider this restau as one of the very few places in Makati that are friendly to vegetarians and pescetarians. They have a wide selection of veggie and fish dishes that even meat eaters can enjoy!

of course we had to end everything with yummy korean ice cream!

Overall verdict - Dong Won's really cheap for the quality and quantity of food they serve (appetizer pa ngalang, busog ka na!). Plus, it's open 24 hours! So, yeah Dong Won's in our list of fave date places ...until we get tired of Korean food! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment