Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ugong Rock - Puerto Princesa, Palawan

One of my personal projects for May is to visit photo backlogs -- decongest camera, backup, rearrange, delete blurred ones, upload to fb if applicable, and blog bloggable photos. So -- after 4 months (SORRY!) -- here's a post worth sharing, especially to those travelling to Puerto Princesa!

-----

As soon as we arrived Ipil Suites of Puerto Princesa, we asked the front desk staff where we can have a really sumptuous dinner, specifically a dampa-style restau where we can choose raw seafoods for cooking. Instantly, they recommended Ugong Rock, which was just along Rizal Ave., and less than 1 km from the hotel. Perfect!


To our surprise, it wasn't just a dampa-style restau. They also sell crocodile meat! We had to entertain our curiosity, so we ordered crocowali (crododile kawali, upper right photo below), and 400+ grams of tiger prawns (SUGPO!) -- for buttered garlic prawns and tempura. The verdict - crocowali just tasted like pork that's as tender as fish. Honestly? There's nothing spectacular in it, so it's really pricey for P275 per plate.


BUT, the prawns were really delicious!!! This is the main reason why I couldn't not blog this. I have to say: IT WAS OUR BEST MEAL IN PALAWAN! Yes, we spent N days in El Nido but ironically, the largest, meatiest, tastiest and cheapest prawn dishes were in Puerto Princesa!

So, if you're travelling to Puerto Princesa, don't forget to dine here. Well, just to satisfy you're curiosity, I still recommend the crocodile meat. After all, (as the banner says) it has lower fat/cholesterol, and it's aphrodisiac. Oh, gee! Sorry I couldn't recall if it really was aphrodisiac! I really should learn to blog instantly after each trip! HAHAHA!

Related Posts:

El Nido, Palawan [Tour A]More of El NidoPuerto Princesa
(can't get enough of Palawan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment