Last friday, I decided to sort out things in our shelves and storage boxes, because I am aware that they're still filled with unnecessary wedding-related items. SO, before hesitations interrupted that urge, I got a small box, and started filling it up with things that are worth keeping. My main rule: if it can't fit in the box, then it should be thrown away.* Here's my small box!
Inside this: my bridal pouch, a copy of our invitation, 1 missalette, a souvenir tag, 2 souvenir pouches (blue and green, minus the edible contents of course), supplier brochures with stapled receipts (just for inflation review later on! HAHA!), the final guest list, veil, cord, arrhae, wedding rings' box (which held the rings while they were sprinkled with holy water), raw photos DVDs from the photographer, accessories I used (necklace, bracelet, earrings, headband) and hotel brochure from our honeymoon.
Then, I got a large garbage bag and threw away everything else - wedding magazines, receipts, binders, notebooks, excess invitations and souvenir tags, brochures/flyers of suppliers we considered, specialty papers, cutouts, ribbons, etc. The entire garbage bag weighed around 10 lbs! gee!!! Now everything's trimmed down to 1 shelf where you can see nothing but books and relevant magazines! Meanwhile, this precious small box is kept in a hard-to-access storage spot - where it can be protected from moist, dust and frequent sentimental visits. HAHA!
I am so happy I did this! I just realized that I've been just procrastinating because I'm being too sentimental! And I realized too that the trash has been contributing to the slight emptiness all along - I really miss doing DIY wedding stuff, and seeing these scrap materials everyday made me long for it even more. Now they're gone, hence I can move on to other things! (I've been thinking of several post-wedding projects, actually... details later!)
* There are 4 things left that I couldn't throw nor keep in the box: My dress, our wedding cake's serving set, my shoes and my non-floral bouquet!


No comments:
Post a Comment