Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Salads can be warm too!

We welcomed March with an adaptation of a recipe I had in my book. keyword: adaptation. haha! I swear, I will never be able to make replicas - it's still SO hard for me to shop for specifics just for one dish! Anyway... I'm happy that I found a breakfast carb alternative, something we can have when there's no rice nor bread!


Warm Potato Salad with Lemon Mustard Dressing

warm potato salad

It's basically boiled, chopped potatoes sprinkled with chopped parsley and spring onions, tossed in Lemon Mustard Dressing - 3 tbsp pure lemon juice + 1 tbsp mustard sauce + 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp honey + salt and pepper and optional crushed chili flakes! So simple right!? Lou and I loved how it went perfectly with bacon and eggs! (Oh, I ♥ extra-ordinary breakfasts with Lou! This is just episode 1, more salad episodes to go!)

3 comments:

  1. I eat salad for dinner at times and well, they don't look as pretty as what you have. Pero usually salad ko consists of egg, random fruits and greens. That's about it. I should try something different next time I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fruits! ♥ you should try pears sometime, i just tried it last week and found out they're really good with greens, so now it's part of my staple salad ingredients stash (matagal din kase mabulok hehe). I might do it again, and will try to post it soon! :*

      Delete
    2. I'd probably go with apples over pears. Masmatamis ang dating for me. Anyhow, I'll try yung ginagawa mo, may iba't ibang mga dressing. I remember yung dun sa Rustan's na kinain nating salad... yummy! Basta post ka next time... with ingredients ah. hehe

      Delete