Quick segue - I never knew Starbucks had this, till my officemates and I went there one afternoon ...just recently. There was just one bottle of hazelnut syrup left on their shelf. Since I've never tried it before, I told myself I'll have to think about it first, and will buy it when I'm finally convinced. The next day, I did the math - HOLY! a BOTTLE is P165, while the add-on syrups (2 TBSPs maybe?) cost P20!!! There's a huge difference there! The bottled one is certainly more practical! So I went back to Starbucks to finally buy it ...only to find out that it's SOLD OUT! waah!? Good the barista told me that new stocks will arrive after one week - that's when I finally grabbed one. Lesson: always do the math on the spot, buy quickly when it's more practical! haha!
Okay, now let's go to the salad! As I told Bev in my episode 1 of salad-making: Pears are becoming the default fruits at home - because it's cheap (for this season at least), and it lasts for a long time - 1 week or even more, when it's in the fridge! So, for the Nth time this week, I made a Lettuce and Pear Salad (inspired by my book's recipe, Watercress and Pear Salad. I don't have watercress so I used lettuce instead. haha! Can anyone tell me where I can get watercress in Makati?!)
Lettuce and Pear Salad
with Hazelnut Dressing this time!
| Salad: Lettuce Sliced Pears Sliced Cucumbers (optional) Dressing: 2 tsp pure lemon juice 1 tsp olive oil 1 tsp hazelnut syrup 1 tsp vinegar 1 tsp honey pinch of salt |
Tip: After slicing your pear/s, immerse them immediately in lemon water / diluted lemon juice for 3 mins, to prevent them from browning. Same goes for apples in case you prefer that over pears. :) That's it! Drizzle the dressing over your salad, and you now have a "refreshing" side dish with a nutty kick! (When I make anything that has pear/s on it, Lou calls it refreshing, I don't know why! haha!)
P.S. - I know right?! my plate+dish today is so GREEN! ANIMO! haha!

No comments:
Post a Comment