Saturday, June 1, 2013

Säntis Delicatessen

After today's super early dental appointment (9am! that's early for a saturday!), I explored Säntis, a yet another delicatessen near our place, which I've been noticing just from the car. Oh how I wished I discovered this way back. They have soooo many of my fave breakfast delight -- sausages!

santis1

So for our breakfast, I got 2 cheese hungarian sausages, and served them with whole wheat biscuits and fresh salsa. Aaaah yumyumm!!! I also got some slices of farmer's ham and double cheese gouda, for our sandwiches. Deja vu??! Indeed. It was very much like how I discovered Brera Delicatessen weeks ago ....and I can't help but compare!!!

santis2

Ok, lemme compare: Säntis is a LOT bigger than Brera - about 3x, so of course they have a wider variety of the common deli items like fruit/veggie preserves, pitted olives, sauces, condiments, chocolates, etc. And it has a lot of items that Brera do not have, like sausages and vegetables. They both have cold cuts, but I prefer the variety of Säntis coz they have more of the big round ones suited for sandwiches.

Lastly, Säntis has a pail of nutella -- That's it, Säntis wins! Hahaha! :p

santis3

There's ONE thing though that I didn't like in this place. Most items (outside the fridge) do not have prices. Several times I had to go to the cashier to ask how much an item is. Whenever I knew that it's too pricey, I had to return it to the rack, with humiliation. hahaha! It was tiring, I would have shopped more but that lack of basic store feature pushed my EQ to limits, and made me leave. tsssk.

Meanwhile, Brera has a wider variety of cheeses, and cold cuts suited for wine pairing (like small spanish/italian chorizos). Also, I still prefer Brera's variety of raw pasta. And let's not forget, beside Brera is its sister-shop, Sinan's Butchery -- still my fave place for raw organic meats!

I guess it will always depend on my cravings, cooking needs, budget and laziness level... coz Brera is a lot nearer our place than Säntis. haha! For sausage cravings though, Säntis will always be worth the walk. :)

Click here for Säntis' website!
 

1 comment: