Monday, September 23, 2013

Tinuy-an Falls

After a long bumpy road trip from Davao, here we are, savoring a yummy picnic just right beside a beautiful waterfall in Bislig City, Surigao del Sur. TINUY-AN FALLS - One of the best waterfalls I've seen in the country. For me what makes this beautiful is its super wide top tiers, surrounded by a rich deep-green forest filled with really tall trees. And what amazes me more is the irony that -- unlike other waterfalls in the country -- you don't have to hike long/steep trails just to see this. This view is just a few steps away from the road!


But I guess that's some sort of "balance" because you need to take a 6 hour bus ride from Davao to reach this place. Or 3-4 hours from Butuan. The road trip itself already takes a lot of effort. I guess that's why the entrance fee is just P50 - only a relatively small amount is needed to maintain a beautiful, unexploited, hard-to-reach paradise like this. More Photos:

There's this wooden bridge to reach the other side of the falls

My nephew, Yuan :)

I tried doing a yoga crossed-legged pose here, but the uneven rocks didn't cooperate. hahah :D

a quick wade!

me, my mom and my sister. :)

Just before the entrance, you can already see this lower tier of the falls. Also pretty!

Lou and I didn't have the luxury of time to swim and ride the "balsa" because after our picnic lunch, we had to rush going to Enchanted River (next travel post) ...not like my mom who went there early morning from Tandag, and my sister's family who stayed there overnight (It was a meetup thing. HAHA), so Lou and I took note of that, making sure that next time, we'll take a Manila-Butuan plane and spend all morning here, breakfast to lunch. Another option is to stay overnight, since there is an affordable resort nearby. Yes, we will definitely go back. :)

How to get there: Take a Bachelor bus bound to Bislig City from Davao City (6-7 hours, P400) or Butuan City (3-4 hours). Then in the terminal (end-most stopover) of Bislig City, you can rent a van/jeep to Tinuy-an falls - they're all over the place, you don't even have to look, lots of drivers will offer their services once you get off the bus. :) No idea about the rates though, but I'm guessing -- with a travel time of 30 mins more or less from the terminal -- rate should be less than P100 per head.

1 comment: