Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello, first monday of 2014!!!

This morning, I stumbled upon this article -- a well written post that pretty much explains why blogs are getting more and more inactive. Including mine, sadly. See, I've been a blogger since 2004 and for 10 years I've blogged passionately like every little thing that happened to me has an important insight that's worth keeping -- whether it is about travel, pigout, deep thoughts, or random musings. But on the last couple of years or so, I started sharing only things that are worth sharing, or things that the public usually care about. My blogging rate went from 3x a week to 3x a month. I've slowly gotten away from the "dear diary" style of posts, and started posting my personal milestones in facebook instead. Now I think about it, by doing so, I stopped the therapy that I get in real writing, something I once did for myself, and for my future reading. Gee, the cyberspace is evolving quickly, and I'm not yet ready to let go of some things yet!!!

Blogging, I shall revive you this year. :)

Facebook, I shall visit you only when I p0*p!!! (sorry, TMI)

1 comment:

  1. It's so much fun reading old posts from almost a decade ago! Kailangan buhayin ang blogging!
    Buhay pa livejournal ko... yung before LJ.. may isa pa but I can't remember ano na yung name nung blog space na yun!

    ReplyDelete