Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Noche Buena 2013

(Apparently, this is going to be a long overdue post... But come on, who had the time to write during the busiest month of 2013?! None, I bet! :P)

Just like in the past Decembers, and just like anyone of you I guess, I've been soooo busy with metro road trips, parties, and EATING. But Christmas 2013 was a lot more special because it was our first Christmas as husband and wife. So while we had to attend a lot of reunions, we opted to just spend Christmas day together. Yes, just the 2 of us! But before anyone reacts on how CHEESY that seemed, let me tell you that it was the only way to resolve the big question for newlyweds - WHOSE family should Christmas be spent with?! hahaha! jk! :P

And that was a good chance for us too, to choose the noche buena  we really want. Don't get me wrong - we like roasted chicken, spaghetti, fruit salad, keso de bola, etc ...but because of the parties here and there, these pinoy-christmas treats are not too special anymore by the eve of Christmas, don't you agree? Admittedly, sometimes I prefer sardines, tomatoes and plain rice on Christmas eve (hahahaha!) but I know that's not really a cute idea for a romantic dinner. hehe! So...


I got Angus rib-eye steak from Santi's and let Lou do his thing in the kitchen! Meanwhile, I made Lou's fave salmon sushi, sliced some double cream cheese and readied our new wine glasses (from my sister) and sangria (from Lou's colleague). Lou then led a prayer to thank God for the beautiful eve of His birthday ...and that was it! Our tiny feast, our very first noche buena!

I'd choose this kind of Christmas over and over - simple and intimate. But if the future circumstances won't let us (or if in the future it won't be just the 2 of us -- who knows!), at least I can say we had a beautiful one on our first year of marriage! :)

-----

Lou got me a new camera, so savor the photos above, as they're probably the last photos from my Cybershot W150. THANK YOU, LOU!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment