After roughly 4 years, I gave JOGGING once again a chance! And I'm hating myself for trying it again just now, because my workplace actually has BETTER jogging routes compared to that of 4 years ago (I used to jog around ayala triangle when I was still working in Makati. I think it's a really good park but -- coming from work then -- I had to pass by the polluted streets of Makati's CBD before reaching it!)
For a start, I took the route: office -> Korean Embassy -> (u-turn!) -> Emperador stadium -> (u-turn!) -> upper mckinley road -> N road -> office, which has a total of 4.2 km! yay!
My fave part is from Mckinley Park Road to the Korean embassy - the route is hilly, sidewalks are good, only a few cars pass by, and it's very windy. There's also the pretty view of Tuscany apartments and restaus! But I think the rest of the areas are too crowded with parked vehicles, commuters ...and smokers. I'll stick to the embassy route if my body calls me to jog for just 2k or so, but for longer distances, I'd rather explore BGC area next time ...I hope it has better routes! :)
---
I found out that a lot of my colleagues have been taking different routes -- by walking or jogging or biking -- around the same area, for quite sometime now. WHAT? Am I the only apathetic, lazy, immobile office worker here? yikes! HAHA! This challenges me a bit. It's time for a lil change I guess... hello again, jogging! :)
Yehey to jogging!
ReplyDeleteIf you're into tracking your runs/walks/bikes, etc - try RunKeeper App. And if you do have it, let me know, we can be friends there. :)