This is actually my 2nd Honda Bay tour. First one was with my college friends ...8 years ago (whoa, has it been 8 years?!), yet I was still so excited because aside from having my husband this time with me (naks!), I can still vividly remember how the beaches in this place really pleased me, that I've always always ALWAYS recommended Palawan as the best snorkeling place in the Philippines. Of course, things have changed now - I still recommend Palawan, but actually referring to Puerto Princesa AND El Nido AND Coron ...and I have a husband now who disagrees, saying Bohol still has the best snorkeling spot in the country. hehe!
Pandan Island
I know, parang higlighter si lou noh? hehe!
"nakakasilaw" na selfie.
Pandan Island still hasn't changed, which is really good! It's so nice to see that the locals of Puerto Princesa are maintaining the island's beauty. Not that I'm saying that this island is super 'virgin' - no, expect lots of cottages, tourist and boats that come and go the whole day ...but generally the island is clean. And the fishes ...LOOK! The extraordinary fishes! they're so pretty and plenty!!!
We left the island with a happy tummy because the tour included a hearty lunch, which we spent with our tourmates. Really, if I have to commend something in these Palawan feasts -- aside from fresh and yummy sea foods -- it would be the tour guides' knowledge on good food presentation. Yes, it's a trend all over the province - El Nido and Coron included!
Cowrie Island
I was expecting the tour guide to take us to Snake Island next (as how our tour went 8 years ago), but instead, he took us to Cowrie Island - an island I haven't explored yet! yay!
Lou explored more underwater sights. According to him, it's a lot harder to snorkel in Cowrie because the water is a bit murky, and you have to go really far to see fishes ...BUT once you see them, they're actually prettier and more interesting. And I do believe that with his shots! Where was I? Oh... having a massage in the island's open-space spa! hehee.
I love how Cowrie seemed to be a "little Boracay" with the variety of things that you can do! You can explore the water, have a massage, eat halo-halo, drink beer, take a nap in a cottage or just simply hangout. We had a flight to catch so we stayed in the island for just half an hour. tsk, too bad. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed every bit of this island. :)
-----
That's it! That caps off our 1st anniversary in Palawan!!! For sure though, this is not gonna be our last Palawan trip. There are still many things to explore, especially for Lou, who still haven't seen the rest of Puerto Princesa. As for me, I really want to go back for mooore pearls! teehee. So, till next time, Palawan! Thank you for an amazing honeymoon 1.1! :)
Related Posts:
| El Nido, Palawan [Tour A] | More of El Nido | Ugong Rock - Puerto Princesa, Palawan |








No comments:
Post a Comment