I still have remnants of stress that the corporate world taught me - that kind of stress when you claim that you have a good work-life balance, yet each idle moment just feels so wrong. That kind of "guilt" when you are feeling "unproductive", when in fact you're just practicing a healthy act of "non-doing". You know what I mean? haha!
-----
Yesterday, I went to Brera Deli to get some cheese. I've been a loyal customer of this deli not only because they sell a loooot of imported cheeses (which you can taste FOR FREE!!!) ...but also because of their friendly staff who know what they sell by heart. For example - I was looking for something NEW and soft, something like Emmental Cheese, and they recommended Maasdam Cheese ...along with a disclaimer that it contains 45+% FAT! haha! I took it anyways and gave it a try. First Maasdam dish - OMELETTE. Aaaah, I love how this cheese can be wonderfully gooey when heated!
So, if you guys are looking for a cheap alternative for your pizza's Mozzarella ...I recommend this. Only P78 per 100 grams! (In my estimate, 200g is more than enough to cover a 14" pizza) But -- as Brera ladies told me -- this is high in fat, so use moderately! LOL!
-----
Anyway, I'd like to think that the past few days have been really productive ...from a housewife's perspective at least! I taught 1 yoga class, ATTENDED 1 yoga class, deep-cleaned our kitchen, danced zumba for a total of 2 hours, and cooked all meals (with vegetables, including Lou's packed lunches) without fail. Just today, I went out with my family for my dad's 2nd death anniversary, and tomorrow I'll have my wisdom tooth extracted AFTER I do some mall errands for Lou! hah!
Whoever said that housewife-hood is boring and "nakakalosyang", simply didn't know that there's such term as MODERN housewife now. It's a huuuge career actually, and I'd rather elaborate that next time as I write more about these housewife-hood tales. You know, I have all the time in the world to blog, too. :)


Maasdam cheese sounds good!
ReplyDelete