Saturday, October 5, 2013

Yoga for Night Shift Workers

Announcement: New schedule is 6:30-8:00am (instead of 6-7:30AM). 
I apologize for the sudden change of schedule.

Flow upon sunrise.
Experience life balance on and off the mat.
Discover your personalized methodology to calm the mind.

When: October 11, 18, 25, 2013 - Next 3 Fridays, 6:30-8:00AM
Where: 7th Floor, Belton Place, Yakal St. cor. Chino Roces Ave., Makati City

SLOTS ARE LIMITED! To register (or for more inquiries),
contact me here, and I'll reply to you as soon as possible.

FEE: by donation ...so technically FREE!!! :)
 this is a non-profit project, proceeds will go to the venue rental

P.S. Day-shift workers are also welcome!


The main goal of this project is to give night shift workers an access to Morning Yoga (end of work day) that is customized to answer common issues in the corporate world (to name a few...): Immobility, Insomnia, Unhealthy posture, and Lack of work-life balance. So, yes, this is suitable not only for night shift workers but to anyone who can relate to these issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRAM DETAILS

Day 1 - "Awareness", with asana practice for upper and lower back
- Synchronize breath with movement
- Use breath and body awareness to clear the mind

Day 2 - "Rooting", with asana practice for healthy tummy
- Revive the feeling of being grounded
- Root ourselves even outside asana practice

Day 3 - "Centering", with asana practice for neck and shoulders
- Use the center to focus both in asana practice and day-to-day activities
- Find the "self" and bring it off the mat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQs:

Do I need to bring my own mat?
Yes.

What do I need to wear?
Your favorite sports wear that will allow your limbs to move freely. No need for rubber shoes! :)

I am not working on a night shift, can I still attend the class?
As most issues being faced by night shift workers are also common even to day-shift workers, OF COURSE day-shift workers are also welcome.

I don't think have enough stamina for yoga? can I still join?
Absolutely. This project is not a high impact physical activity, nor a sport where you need to be competitive. It is in fact designed to wake up your mind and body to get back that balance and stamina you might have lost.

Should I be present on all 3 days?
Ideally, yes. But if you really can't complete all 3 days, it's also fine. All 3 days are related to each other, but each one will have a specific theme and goal which can be experienced separately.

Why is this project free?
This program is my personal project for Binky Mendoza's Vinyasa Yoga teacher training/immersion, therefore my goal here is NOT to earn but to share things that I've been learning thus far. And I wish to share this specifically to the corporate world because this is where I also come from.

For more inquiries, drop your thoughts anytime here!
And I'll reply to you as soon as I can :)

~Leda Brigino

No comments:

Post a Comment