Whenever Lou plans on eating any bisaya variation of Lechon (roasted Pork), he's like a kid who's about to go to a candy store - restless, and too excited, he can actually explode! My confession: whenever that happens -- and when I know that it means visiting a place with no white meat options -- that's it, I set aside my diet, and become a supportive wife first. :) So, vegans, vegetarians, pescetarians and the like, please excuse me for a bit...
Zubuchon is one of the best Lechon brands in Cebu. Since my uncle brought it for us as pasalubong, and when red meat was still part of my regular diet, I'd always crave for this. No kidding, for me it has the crispiest and tastiest Lechon skin ever! No wonder Anthony Bourdain claimed this to be the "Best Pig Ever!".
We finally had the chance to try it fresh, as we stepped on Zubuchon Restaurant, Mango Avenue, Cebu City. We were amazed -- turns out that, YES, Zubuchon is a restaurant, and not just a typical lechon booth! In fact, they serve other unconventional lechon dishes such as slow cooked adobo, monggo with zubuchon, paksiw na zubuchon, etc. On the lower right photo above is actually SQUID stuffed with lechon sisig!!! We also ordered their seaweed sampler (because we never eat without veggies!) and kamias shake - I agree with what they say, that kamias shake balances out the richness of lechon. For dessert, we had some of their sylvannas, which were seriously addicting! Overall, the dining experience was really great! :)
As their placemat says - Zubuchon packs and airfreights lechons to MANILA! However, I'm not sure if that means you can order from Manila or Zubuchon already has branches in Manila (does anyone know?). One thing for sure, you can buy Zubuchon Lechon (packed per kilo) and other Zubuchon products in the predeparture area of Cebu's airport. It's more expensive there, but definitely more convenient especially if you're in a rush. And yes -- if you're a meat eater -- I assure you that it's going to be worth it. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment